Prof. Ambika Prasad Nanda
Ambika Prasad Nanda has submitted his doctoral thesis (ABD) on the topic “Essays in Financial Well-being: An Emerging Market perspective” at S.P.Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) - Mumbai.
He has been successful in getting three research grants during his tenure as a doctoral student. He has published in top-level journals and presented research papers in conferences of repute. His research interests are Transformative Consumer research (TCR), Technology marketing and Emerging markets.
Before starting his doctoral program, he had worked for twelve years in the industry in various roles in both services and manufacturing organizations.
- FPM Marketing (ABD), S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai - 2021
- PGPM Marketing (one-year MBA), S.P Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai - 2013
- Advanced specialization in Marketing from Marshalls School of Business, LA, USA (Certificate Program) - 2013
- MS Electrical Engineering, University of Kansas (KU), Lawrence, Kansas, USA - 2006
- BE Electronics and Instrumentation, Regional Engineering College (REC), Rourkela – 2000
- Associate Consultant, Tata Consultancy Services, Bangalore (Jan 2014 to Mar 2017)
- Manager (Business Development), L&T Heavy Engineering, Bangalore (Jul 2007 to Dec 2012)
- Senior Software Engineer, Satyam Computer Services, Chennai (Sep 2000 to Jun 2004)
- Nanda, Ambika Prasad, and Banerjee, Ranjan (2020), “Binge watching: An exploration of the role of technology,” Psychology & Marketing, 37(9), 1212-1230. [ABDC - A, ABS -3]
- Nanda, Ambika Prasad, and Banerjee, Ranjan, “Consumer’s Subjective Financial Well-being: a Systematic Review and Research Agenda,” International Journal of Consumer Studies, (Published electronically on 16 Mar 2021), https://doi.org/10.1111/ijcs.12668. [ABDC - A, ABS -2]
- Malik, Anjali, Nanda, Ambika Prasad and Kumra, Rajeev, “Children in the digital world: Exploring the role of parental–child attachment features in excessive online gaming,” Young Consumers, 21(3), 335-350.[ABDC-B,ABS-1]
Research Grants, Awards and Fellowships:
- Research grant of $2050 Transformative Consumer Research Award in ACR – 2019 [Topic – Responsible online gaming: Role of Family and Peer] [Principal Investigator]
- Raj Sethuraman Research Grant of 75,000 INR from NASMEI (North American Society for Marketing Education in India) – 2018 [Principal Investigator]
- Academy of Indian Marketing - Sheth Grant of 100,000 INR in Jan, 2020 [Topic – Pride or Pity: Role Of Self-image In Prosocial Behavior] [Principal Investigator]