At JAGSOM, industry engagement is an integral part of learning pedagogy.
Apart from organizing Corporate Mentorship Sessions & assigning Corporate Mentors for our students, the School continuously enables students to connect with the corporate world throughout their lifecycle in the institute, till they enter the corporate world. This is activated through a number of interventions during the full duration of the programs. We call it JAGSOM’s ‘Wheel of Corporate Engagement’.
Here are some of the key Corporate Engagement initiatives at JAGSOM :
Industry Guest Sessions
The School continuously organizes insightful sessions-masterclasses, workshops and webinars- with the corporate world, across diverse industry sectors. The supplements the classroom learning with a real-world perspective.
The Corporate Mentorship Program is about corporate mentors guiding students through their journey at JAGSOM.
The key objectives of the program are:
- Clarity of purpose in students’ personal and career goals.
- Understanding of their innate strengths and shortcomings.
- Defining and developing requisite competencies and skill set.
- Developing a clear path to achieve the goal.
- Setting up milestones on the path to the goal.
The School also organises mock Group Discussions and Personal Interviews (GDPI), conducted by the corporate mentors, to help students understand corporate expectations and clarify their conjectures through a formal (mock) selection process.
Request for Problems (RFPs)
The Super Specialization for PGDM students integrates a unique pedagogy of ‘Learning by Solving’ where our students work in groups on the problems of corporates, which are sourced as RFPs.
Projects through Request for Problems (RFPs) is a mechanism to seek real life business challenges from our industry partners which their own participating executive can solve, as part of the study-group. The problems could be from FinTech, MarTech or Analytics Domains.
Super Specialization Process and RFPs
In 2020, student groups worked and completed 15 ‘RFP’ Projects across 10 companies in new age areas like FinTech and MarTech. Here is a snapshot of some projects.
How to join?
Organisations desirous of joining this programme can write to:
Executive Education & Consulting
JAGSOM offers both open and customised Management Development Programs (MDPs) of varying duration. These programs address contemporary issues and challenges faced by industry professionals across domains. Participants of these programs receive JAGSOM alumni status. A few of the popular MDPs are:
- General Management and Leadership Skills
- Customer Experience Management
- Service Process Quality and Productivity
- Data Driven Decision Making
- Derivatives and Risk Management
- Security Analysis and Investment Management
- Branding 4.0: New Mantras of Brand Marketing
In addition, Short Term Certificate Programs for Executives are also offered in the following areas :
- Post Graduate Certiﬁcate in General Management
- Post Graduate Certiﬁcate in Digital Sales and Marketing
- Post Graduate Certiﬁcate in Fintech and Financial Markets
- Post Graduate Certiﬁcate in Digital Business and Analytics.
- Post Graduate Certiﬁcate in Market Regulation and Competition Law
- Post Graduate Certiﬁcate in Communication Design Management
JAGSOM faculty also provide Consulting Services to start-ups and companies in the domains Sales & Services, Branding, Business Analytics, Customer Experience, Digital Transformation, to name a few.