Curriculum & Pedagogy
- All the programs of JAGSOM are designed to develop ‘T-Shaped Professionals’. This helps the learner acquire both width and depth of knowledge & skills.
- The curriculum has been designed after extensive research with key stakeholders into the learning needs of Industry 4.0, in partnership with National Human Resource Development Network (NHRDN)
- Learning Goals and Competencies for each program have been defined based on the learning needs and our mission of ‘nurturing holistic, socially responsible and continuously employable professionals’
- The curriculum is constantly updated to keep it concurrent with detailed deliberations with our ‘Board of Studies’ (BOS), comprising eminent academicians and industry experts
- Our unique ‘Bespoke Curriculum’ provides the learners the flexibility to create their individual learning paths, aligned to their career goals
- Award winning ‘Practice Courses’: a unique initiative that includes Research Incubation, Design Thinking & Innovation Incubation, Social Immersion, Personality Enhancement Program, Long duration Industry Internship, Corporate Mentoring and Effective Execution Committees
- New-Age Super Specializations: in partnerships with top global business schools in areas like FinTech, MarTech, Data Analytics, Digital Transformation and other domains
- Learning by Solving: where students learn to solve real business problems. Faculty from international partner schools and in-house faculty together mentor groups of participants to solve real life business challenges. The teams work on real industry problems of companies who support our ‘Request for Problems’ (RFPs).
- The programs are delivered by Best-in-Class faculty; A blend of PhD qualified and experienced practice-oriented professionals
JAGSOM’s Curriculum Architecture for Developing T-Shaped Professionals
Unique Practice Initiatives at JAGSOM
- Personality Enhancement Program: A life-skill and lifestyle-oriented program, this course addresses issues of wellness and essential skills like communication, negotiation, cross-cultural orientation to groom a holistic individual.
- Mentoring: Corporate mentors guide students in goal setting and realization of their professional aspirations.
- Effective Execution: This course aims at enhancing the ability of students to address the challenges of collaboration, conflict resolution, timely and cost-effective execution of critical activities to achieve specific milestones in institution building activities.
- Social Immersion Program: Students undertake immersion with NGOs in rural areas. Students learn to design solutions for social problems through a Techno Economic Viability (TEV) study, thereby enabling sustainable, socially positive, and measurable impact on UN SDGs.
- Research Incubation: The objective of this program is to impart problem solving skills. Students learn business research methodology, receive faculty mentoring, and gain practitioner input to develop projects that result in publishable research papers or case studies.
- Design Thinking and Innovation Incubation: This program empowers the participants to develop an entrepreneurial mindset and enables them to tackle business problems & challenges through creativity and innovation. Some students also incubate their start-up business ventures.
- Industry Internship Program: The MBA program concludes with this 4 ½ months long internship program providing a transitioning bridge between theory and practice.