Student Life at JAGSOM
JAGSOM believes in the principle that a sound mind and fit body is essential for any management graduate to survive a long strenuous career. Students are encouraged to have a vibrant and engaging schedule during their two years on campus. Students are involved in a variety of extracurricular and cocurricular activities. The diverse clubs, events and competitions provide an opportunity to students to develop and showcase their talent.
Effective Execution (EE)
|Sl No.||Effective Execution Committees|
|1.||Student Council Committee|
|2.||Placements & IIP Committee|
|5.||Human Resources Committee|
|10.||Data Analytics Committee|
|12.||Digital Marketing Committee and Brand Management|
|13.||PR & Media Committee|
|14.||Intellectual Capital Committee|
|16.||Supply Chain Committee|
|17.||Innovation & Incubation Committee|
|18.||Student Competition Committee|
Outbound Leadership Lab (OLL)
The Outbound Leadership Lab aims to help the students develop an ‘Individual Development Plan’ through experiential outbound activities and psychometric diagnosis leading to development of self-transformational activities. The activities are focused on Leadership and Team Building.
Personality Enhancement Program (PEP)
Since its inception, the Personality Enhancement Program has been an impactful catalyst in promoting fitness as one of the primary goals for every student. We are perhaps the only institute to have Personality Enhancement Program (PEP), a life-skill and lifestyle oriented program integrated into the curriculum as a credited course. This deals with the honing of the various aspects of Holistic Personality.
The PEP is conducted in two tracks, Life skills and Lifestyle
- Life Skills: Projecting personality through sharpened communication skills, a well-groomed exterior, sharp negotiation skills and appropriate workplace etiquette.
- Lifestyle: Practicing a fitness regime, but also be aware of own level of fitness and other factors that contribute to wellness.
Social Immersion Program (SIP)
Social Immersion Program (SIP), a unique initiative that sensitizes students to the needs of the community and enables them to identify their social problems through research. Students learn to design solutions for social problems through a Techno Economic Viability (TEV) study, thereby enabling sustainable, socially positive and measurable impact.
The School has tied up with many NGOs to facilitate the immersion component of the program. Some of the NGOs we partner with are World Vision India, Action Aid, Art of Living (AOL), Anti-Pollution Drive, Help Age India, Biocon Foundation, CARE India, CRY, Bachpan Bachao Andolan.
JAGSOM has selected 7 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations to focus on
CSR Club Activities
Every year, we organise Kanyathon, our Annual Charity Run, to raise awareness about saving the girl child. This year, Kanyathon 2020 was held on 1st March, 2020.
This year UN's theme highlights the important role played by rural women and girls in building resilience to face the climate control. ‘The Run for Her: Kanyathon 2020’ aligns itself with this agenda.
Former Australia wicketkeeper-batsman Adam Gilchrist passed on the Kanyathon 2019 torch to the PGDM batch of 2020-22, last year, post which the student organization running Kanyathon ramped up to full speed to organize the event. He also handed over a donation of INR 12 Lakhs, gathered by Kanyathon 2019 to CRY Foundation. The funds will be utilised to create a better living for girls in Kolar, Karnataka, through Shiksha Adhar.
OTHER CSR ACTIVITIES
Some of the other recent activities organized by the CSR Club were:
- Human Rights Day celebration - A platform was enabled for all the members of the JAGSOM family to step up and express their views on human rights and social evils.
- Play and Dance for Shiksha Aadhar kids during Kanyathon 2020
- Collected clothes from faculty and students to distribute to Sneha Jyoti Old Age Home and Orphanage.
- Raised money to help HOPE trust build toilet and propagate hygiene methods to the children of Nilgiri Government school, Tamil Nadu.
- Collaborated with Ananth Nagar School and arranged 24 kids as cheerleaders to motivate the runners during Kanyathon.
- Donations raised for giving food to the poor and destitute during corona in collaboration with an NGO named YUVA.
- CSR volunteers from JAGSOM have come forward with a kind gesture and gathered important items for those who have suffered in the North Karnataka floods last year.
- A Plog run as a part of Daan Utsav was organised by IFIM Institutions CSR Team. The event involved jogging & picking up trashes as you jog. It also brings together people for a noble cause. The initiative saw 138 runners participate to clean the city.
- Blood Donation Camp - On the account of DaanUtsav 2019, IFIM CSR Club organised an on-campus blood donation drive. The event also had Eye and Dental check-ups.
- The Class of 2020 undertook social projects with NGOs in rural areas across India, ranging from Kolar to Ladakh. The student groups worked across diverse areas such as waste management, sustainable solutions, environment improvement, education for children, and women empowerment, to name a few.
- Five student groups were immersed in Social work across the 5 villages in Kolar adopted by JAGSOM, under Unnat Bharat Abhiyan in Kolar, impacting seven SDGs.
- Our Social Immersion Program was a Finalist at the NHRDN CSR Best Practices Showcase in 2019 and also won the “Best CSR Practices award in the Higher Educational Institutes" category from Rotary Karnataka last year.
- As a part of their Social Immersion Project, our students undertook a life changing journey to a village called Kharu, near Leh. Follow the given link to view the documentary on Team IFIM @ Leh: https://youtu.be/Jc34f6zZrXQ
- Shiksha Adhaar, a student initiative from IFIM Institutions, along with V.B Padode Centre for Sustainability, helps under privileged kids cope with their homework and reinforces concepts taught in schools. Shiksha Adhaar operates out of our hostels to help children in neighbouring villages.
25th Year Celebrations
The students of IFIM Business School actively and enthusiastically participated in the 25th year celebrations and made it exciting and vibrant. They organized a series of events for 25 consecutive days in the month of February 2020, to embody the spirit and celebrate the Silver Jubilee.
Our students participate and win accolades in a number of Business School and inter-college competitions as well as organize competitions.
- A student team competed with 22 B-Schools and secured the 3rd place in the Bajaj Finance Eon competition.
- PGDM students, Achala Tiwari & Avi Choudhury won the 3rd prize at IIM Kashipur's National Level Economics competition, Arthashashtra.
- Emphoria 2020, India’s biggest Virtual Marketing Contest was conducted from 10 -12th of July 2020, by the Digital Marketing Committee.
Mahotsav 2019, the Annual festival of the School, is a great success, with a plethora of cultural and managerial programs and wide participation from colleges across the country.
JAGSOM students are active members of the Toastmasters Club and regularly conduct events in this area.
IFIM offers a unique opportunity to the students to excel or understand their levels of physical and mental fitness through participation in various sports events and fitness exercises as a mandatory part of the curriculum. Our students have participated and won in multiple inter-college sports competitions.
Ace India swimmer Sajan Prakash, a JAGSOM student, represented the nation in 200m freestyle, 200m butterfly and 100m butterfly at Fina World Championship in Gwanju, South Korea.
Tej Shirodkar & Soham Shirodkar have been a part of their State Football Team (Goa) at four nationals. Soham Shirodkar has also been the top scorer at various tournaments in Rugby 7's.